Camp Goddard East
March 31 – April 2, 2023.
The cost to participate in the weekend is $300. Payment is due in full at time of registration.
What does the cost cover?
- 2 nights housing (including housekeeping, bedding, and bathrooms)
- 5 meals (Friday night through Sunday morning)
- All scheduled activities
We are renting space at Camp Calumet in Freedom, NH.
Address: 1090 Ossipee Lake Rd, Freedom, NH 03890
- Portland, Maine Jetport: 1.25 hour drive (50 miles)
- Boston Logan Airport: 2.25 hour drive (118 miles)
- Plainfield, VT: 2.5 hour drive (121 miles)
- Manhattan, NY: 5.5 hour drive (324 miles)
Disclaimer: This facility is a queer-inclusive, gender-inclusive, BIPOC-friendly, Lutheran camp. We will not be hosting any religious activities as part of our event, but you might see Christian symbols around the camp (e.g. crosses, bible verses). Please consider your comfort level with this before registering. If you have additional questions, please don’t hesitate to email Kailina (who spent 12 summers there).
There will be no private bedrooms available. All bedrooms will house 2-4 people. Bed options include twin beds, full beds, bunk beds, and futon couches. If you know someone else attending Camp Goddard, you can request them as a roommate on the registration form. You can also indicate your preference for bed style. We cannot guarantee you will get the bed style or roommate(s) of your choice given the limited availability, but we will do our best to accommodate your needs and preferences.
What to pack
It will be mud season in New England. This is an unpredictable time. The temperature can be warm, but is often still cold. The ground is very likely to be muddy, but there might still be snow on the ground. Pack clothing and footwear accordingly. Other items to bring include:
- Notebook and writing tools
- Water bottle
- Comfortable clothes to move in
- Clothes to make art in
- Swimsuit (if you would like to go in the lake)
- Costume or other fun attire for April Fools’ Day (optional)
Minimum and maximum guests
The Alumni Association needs a minimum of 10 guests to register for this event by February 10, 2023. If we do not reach the minimum by that date, we will cancel the gathering and refund participants in full. We can accommodate a maximum of 28 guests for this event. If we reach the maximum, we will create a waiting list for others who wish to attend. Slots are filled on a first come, first paid basis.
Friday, March 31, 2023
- 4:00pm - 7:00pm
- Arrival at Camp Goddard (Camp Calumet)
- 6:00pm - 7:00pm
- Volunteers for cleanup are appreciated
Saturday, April 1, 2023
- Early Bird Activity
- Morning Workshop Block
- Community art making
- Alumni Association Town Hall
- Afternoon Workshop Block
- Evening Activity
- Night Owl Activity
Sunday, April 2, 2023
- Early Bird Activity
- Closing circle